Qi Gong is a low-impact form of exercise which increases your energy and reduces your stress.
Qi (pronounced “Chi”) is energy, your own energy, your life force, and Gong means work or skill. Qi Gong is becoming skilful at managing your own energy – the good and the bad.
Qi Gong can reset your body to a new frequency of health and vitality. You tend to sit still when you meditate and move your body when you exercise, rarely can you bring both activities together, but you can with Qi Gong. Qi Gong engages both your mind and your body and can enrich your overall wellbeing.
When you practice Qi Gong you:
- Improve cardiovascular health and circulation
- Bolster your immune system
- Balance hormones
- Improve digestion
- Stretch your body and increase your flexibility
- Build muscle strength and resiliency
- Foster greater physical and mental balance and coordination
- Nurture your mind-body connection (mindfulness in motion)
- Increase your yang energy to help you go about your day and also develop your yin energy to promote better sleep at night
- Enhance your body’s inherent ability to breathe deeply
- Experience deep relaxation and in so doing create harmony and balance in your whole system
Every Burning Brightly Qi Gong class follows a well-researched structure
- Low-impact, slow-motion, relaxing, fluid movement sequences (often called “the flow”)
- Short meditation (in longer classes)
All the moves are performed standing and are suitable for every age and every level of physical fitness and flexibility. Longer classes finish with a brief meditation.
You do not need any special equipment or specific clothing to perform Qi Gong. All you need for a Qi Gong class is a (long sleeve) t-shirt or sweatshirt and track pants or leggings.
The original interpretation of Qi Gong was “nurturing life.” I love that definition! Finding an exercise you can easily incorporate into your daily life which is not only accessible but also fosters better inner health is something to cherish. Increasing the supply and flow of energy throughout your body can have a rejuvenating effect on your physical and mental wellbeing.
Practicing Qi Gong makes your life force energy stronger and flow through you better. You are investing in your health – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual – and nurturing all aspects of it from the inside out. The result of a regular Qi Gong practice is a calm mind, an open heart and an energised body.